PA Trail Riders 7 Mountains Dual Sport Adventure
This is the PTRA Dual Sport event you know and love.
Arrowed course + challenging options – Navigation with roll charts – No GPS
Single-track, double-track, forestry roads, and a lot of rocks.
Approximatively 100 mile course with a fuel stop at about 60 miles.
Early registration for members: July (TBD), 7pm- $65
Registration for nonmembers: July (TBD), 7pm- $79
Registration closes August (TBD)
Online preregistration only
250 Rider Limit
Rain or Shine
This event sells out every year! Join PTRA for early registration. We are 100% member funded. Your membership and volunteerism help keep the single-track system in Bald Eagle State Forest open and accessible to the public.
The Union County Sportsman’s Club in Weikert, PA
50 Sportsmens Club Ln, Millmont, PA 17845
DATES & TIMES
Friday, Sept (TBD): Gates open at 2:00 pm – Sign-in from 6 pm to 9 pm
Saturday, Sept (TBD): 7 Mountains Dual Sport Adventure – Sign-in reopens at 6:30 am to 8 am
— Riders Meeting: 7:45 am
— Start Time: 9:00 am
— Last bike out: 9:30 am
Sunday, Sept (TBD): Campsites must be vacated by Noon.
Lunch provided at Track N Trail on Saturday
Free camping Friday and Saturday night (no open fires permitted). Electric sites available for $10 (limited Quantity)
ON SITE AMENITIES
Union County Sportsmen’s Club Restaurant. Full menu with affordable prices: http://ucscpa.com/diningmenu.html
Activities for the family: http://ucscpa.com/
Mini PutPut Golf
Large Camping area- mowed field for kids to play and ride bicycles (No Pit Bikes)
Penns Creek is a short walk to swim or fish (must have PA fishing license)
Hot Showers onsite- Coin Operated- bring quarters
Real Bathrooms- Flush Toilets
RV Hookups: $10, first come availability.
UNION COUNTY SPORTSMEN’S CLUB MEMBERSHIP (OPTIONAL)
As a Member of the UCSC you will be able to drink at the bar, stay at the camp ground, and use the shooting range or driving range throughout the year. Membership application must be filled out and delivered to the USCS bar in person (with ID). A PTRA member will be the first sponsor for the application, and the bartender will be the second. Your application is not immediately accepted! Memberships applications are voted on by the USCS board every second week of the month. Turn in your application early so it will be valid during the 7 Mtns Dual Sport Adventure, or turn it in during the event to be all set for next year. The annual membership fee is $25.
OTHER LOCAL ATTRACTIONS
1 hour drive from Penn State
WoodWard Skate Park
WHAT KIND OF GEAR WILL I NEED TO WEAR?
Helmets are required. We recommend: goggles, boots, gloves and any other protective equipment be worn throughout the event.
All bikes must be licensed and insured. It is rider’s responsibility to meet PennDOT requirement to be road legal.
DS bikes 650cc and under recommended.
Knobby tires are preferable for the alternate course, and helpful for the main course, but are not necessary.
— Flat Tires are the biggest mechanical problem of the event. Including tubeless!
— Please come prepared with extra tubes, plugs and the ability to make self repair on the course.
HOW DIFFICULT IS THE COURSE?
Roll charts/arrowed course with options.
Our course is designed for dual sport bikes that are 650cc and smaller.
The main course is intended for the average dual sport rider. Alternate course options are more difficult, and are intended for the more experienced riders.
The main course has approximately 15% paved roads. The other 85% is gravel forestry roads, rocky double tracks, and technical single tracks.
HOW MUCH FUEL RANGE IS REQUIRED?
Fuel stop will be approximately 60 miles at a gas station.
WHAT IF I AM UNSURE OF MY RIDING ABILITY?
The course is designed so that all participants can start out on the easier main route, and try harder options if they feel up to it.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I BREAK DOWN OR GET HURT?
If possible, you should make it out to a trail head or notify another rider with your name, location and problem.
Rescue Trucks and Sweep Riders will be positioned along the course.
Rescue trucks have minimal repair capabilities, but can transport you and/or your bike back to the Sportsmen’s Club if needed.
Phone numbers of the club members in the rescue trucks will be included at the end of your roll charts, but keep in mind that cell service is extremely limited in the areas you will be riding. Most communication is done through radio.